Ásta R. Jóhannesdóttir
- Speaker of Althingi since 2009.
- Date of Birth: October 16th, 1949
- Party: The Social Democratic Alliance
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík Constituency 1995-2003 and for the Reykjavík South Constituency since 2003.
- First Deputy Speaker of Althingi 2007-2009.
- Member of the Special Committee on the Standing Orders of Althingi since 2011.
- Member of the Credentials Committee 2007-2011.
- Member of the Social Affairs and Social Security Committee 2007-2009.
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee 2007-2009.
- Member of the Environment Committee 2005-2007.
- Member of the Social Affairs Committee 2000-2003.
- Member of the Industry Committee 1999-2000 and 2003-2005.
- Member of the Health and Social Security Committee 1995-2003 and 2004-2007.
- Member of the Transport and Communications Committee 1995-1999 and 2003-2004.
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly 2007-2009 (Vice-Chairman 2007-2009).
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the Nordic Council 2003-2007.
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly 1999-2003 (Vice-Chairman 1999-2003).
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the West Nordic Council 1995-1999.
- Minister of Social Affairs and Social Security 2009.